IBPS PO Recruitment 2019: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has released IBPS PO Recruitment 2019 on 2nd Aug on the official website at ibps.in for the recruitment process of Probationary Officer. IBPS PO 2019 Online Registration has been started from 7th August, so candidates who are interested to fill IBPS PO Application Form 2019 should not waste their time and try to apply for PO examination on or before the last date.
Here we will make you updated with proper details like the number of posts in IBPS PO Recruitment 2019, vacancy details, education criteria, syllabus, exam dates, procedure, how to fill IBPS PO 2019 Application Form, how to pay application fee, etc.
IBPS PO Recruitment 2019 – 20 Important Dates
IBPS PO Recruitment 2019
|IBPS PO Online Registration||7th August 2019 to 28th August 2019|
|Payment of IBPS PO Application Fees||7th August 2019 to 28th September 2019|
|Release of Call Letters for Pre-Exam Training||September 2019|
|Pre-Examination Training||23rd September 2019 to 28th September 2019|
|Release of IBPS PO Prelims Admit Card||October 2019|
|IBPS PO Prelims Exam||12th,13th,19th & 20th October 2019|
|IBPS PO Prelims Result||October/November 2019|
|Release of IBPS PO Mains Admit Card||November 2019|
|IBPS PO Main Exam||30th November 2019|
|IBPS PO Main Result||December 2019|
|Release of IBPS PO Interview Call Letter||January 2020|
|IBPS PO Interview||January/February 2020|
Eligibility Criteria for IBPS PO
IBPS PO eligibility criteria, three important things are very important for all candidates. They are
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
So, Applicants, those who want to apply for the recruitment should satisfy the above criteria prescribed by the officials in the official notification.
Nationality / Citizenship:
Meanwhile, the candidates who are applying for the above post should meet the following nationality citizenship criteria:
- Should be a citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Any Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement
- Person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam or East African countries of Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, with the intention of permanent settlement in India.
Moreover, the candidates who belong to category 2, 3, 4 must have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt of India in their favor.
IBPS PO Recruitment 2019 – Age Limit:
As per the prescribed age limit given in the official notification candidates should possess
- Minimum: 20 years
- Maximum: 30 years.
i.e. A candidate should have not born earlier than 02.08.1989 and not later than 01.08.1999 (both dates are inclusive)
IBPS PO Age Relaxation:
Relaxation is applicable as per the rules.
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||10 years|
|Persons with Domicile of Jammu & Kashmir during the period of 1-1-1980 to 31-12-1989||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
As per the IBPS PO Recruitment 2019 PDF prescribed educational qualification given in the official notification. The candidates should have a Graduation degree in any stream from a University recognized by the Government of India. In addition, the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation should be mentioned at the time of registration for the IBPS Bank PO examination.
- Graduation degree in any stream
- Meanwhile, the candidate must have knowledge in computer operation as the exam will be online.
- In addition, He/She should have good verbal, written proficiency in the official language of the State/UT.
- The candidate should be able to read, write and speak the local language.
- General Category – Rs. 600/-
- SC/ ST/ PWD – RS. 100/-
IBPS PO Recruitment 2019: Selection Process
For instance, the candidate must qualify all the three phases to become a Probationary Officer. These three phases are as follows:
- Prelims (online mode)
- Mains & Descriptive (Online Mode)
Let us take a glance at these three phases:
It is very much important to know the IBPS PO exam pattern, to plan your strategy for your preparation and exam. The exam pattern gives you the details about the sections and weightage of questions in each section. So you can plan your preparation according to your strengths and weakness.
- The Prelims exam is the initial stage of the selection process.
- It is an online computer-based test.
- The test comprised of 3 sections namely the English language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Logical Reasoning.
- It consists of 100 questions. Each question carries one mark. So the maximum mark for this exam is 100.
- The exam will be conducted for 01-hour duration.
- There will be sectional timing of twenty minutes for each section. So that you cannot swap between the sections.
- There will be 0.25 negative marks for every wrong answer.
IBPS PO Preliminary Exam Pattern
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
The candidates who get qualify the Prelims exam will attend the Mains exam.
- It is also an online test
- It comprising of 4 sections namely the English language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, Banking Economy & General Knowledge.
- The total time allotted for the exam is 180 minutes.
- Sectional timing is there. So you cannot swap between the sections.
- There are totally of 155 questions. And the total marks for the exam is 200. If Included descriptive test, the maximum marks for the IBPS PO mains exam is 225.
IBPS PO Main Exam Pattern
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & computer aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|3||Data interpretation & analysis||35||60||45 minutes|
|4||General economy & banking awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|Descriptive test( Letter writing & Essay)||2||25||30 minutes|
- Letter Writing & Essay Writing.
- Both will be for 25 marks for 30 minutes duration.
3. Interview: Importantly, Candidates those who have successfully qualified from the Mains exam will be allowed to attend the Interview. The Interview will be conducted as a Panel Interview. Certainly, candidates will be called for an interview in the ratio of 1:3. For the interview, candidates should bring all the original & essential documents. Generally, the interview round lasts for about 15 o 20 minutes. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of a number of vacancies and performance of candidates in the Main examination and Interview. The final score considered for the selection is based on 80:20 ratio of Main and interview score.
- The minimum qualifying marks for the interview is not less than 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWBD candidates)
How to Apply for IBPS PO Recruitment 2019-20?
IBPS PO Recruitment 2019 apply online – Click Here
IBPS PO Syllabus 2019:
|Reasoning||Quantitative Ability||English Language|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Alligations||Para jumbles|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input-Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding-Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability|
Frequently Asked Questions – Find Here
Q: How many vacancies have been released?
A: Overall vacancies for this year is – 4336
Q: Is there any Group Discussion round before the interview?
A: No. Only interview will be there for PO selection.
Q: Is there any negative marking?
A: Yes. 1/4th of the mark is deducted for each wrong answer.
Q: I belong to the OBC category as per state norms, but it is not in the central list. What should I mention in the registration form?
A: In this case, you will come under the general category. So mention general in the application form.
Q: Can I fill the IBPS PO online application form when my graduation final year result is awaiting?
A: NO, you can not apply. So wait for the declaration of the result.
Q: Is there any limit on the number of attempts for IBPS PO?
A: There is no such limits on the number of attempts. If you fulfill the age criteria you can apply for the IBPS PO till then.
IBPS PO 2019 Complete Question Paper, Study Material, Books, Cutoff Marks, Notification, Study Plan
Join our Social Channels For updates: