UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2020: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the notification for UPSC Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) 2020. A total of 209 vacancies are mentioned in UPSC CAPF recruitment 2020 notification. Candidates can apply online for the recruitment by visiting the official site at upsc.gov.in till 7th September 2020. Check out the detailed notification, important dates, eligibility criteria, application fee, and the selection process.
UPSC holds the CAPF Exam every year for the recruitment of Assistant Commandants in forces including Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and Indo‐Tibetan Border Police (ITBP). The post of Assistant Commandants (AC) is a Group A Post.
UPSC CAPF 2020 Recruitment: Important Dates
- Official Notification and Registration date: 18 August 2020
- Last Date of Registration: 07 September till 06:00 PM
- UPSC CAPF AC Admit Card Download: To be Announced
- UPSC CAPF Exam Date: 20 December 2020 (Sunday)
- UPSC CAPF Result: To be Announced
UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2020 Vacancy Details
The tentative number of vacancies that will be filled through the UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2020 is 209
|Name of forces||No. Of Vacancies|
UPSC CAPF Recruitment 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: A candidate must be a citizen of India
Other candidates may also be eligible as per the government rules.
Age Limit: Minimum – 20 years and Maximum – 25 years as on 1st August 2020. Candidates must be born not earlier than 2nd August 1995 and not later than 1st August 2000.
- candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline or equivalent from a recognized University.
- Candidates in their final year can also apply provided they hold a Bachelor’s degree at the time of document verification.
UPSC CAPF Exam Pattern & Selection Procedure
UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant exam will be conducted on December 20, 2020, as per the UPSC CAPF official notification. The UPSC CAPF AC exam will be conducted in 3 phases mentioned below:
- Written Test
- Physical Test
- Interview or Personality Test
The Stage 1 exam (Written Test) is conducted for shortlisting of candidates for the Physical Test:
|Paper-I – General and Mental Ability||250 marks||2 hours|
|Paper-II – General Studies, Essay and Comprehension||200 marks||3 Hours|
The Stage II exam i.e. Physical Test and Medical Tests are of qualifying nature only. Those candidates who meet the prescribed Physical Standards, specified by UPSC, will be put through the Physical Efficiency Tests as indicated below :
|100 Meters race||In 16 Seconds||In 18 seconds|
|800 Meters race||In 3 minutes 45 seconds||In 4 minutes 45 seconds|
|Long Jump||3.5 Meters (3 chances)||3.0 meters (3 chances)|
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs)||4.5 Meters||–|
Medical and Physical Standards
|Near Vision||N9 (Corrected Vision)||N6 (Corrected Vision)|
|Distant vision||6/12 OR 6/9||6/6
|Weight||46 kg||50 kg|
|Height||157 cm||165 cm|
|Chest (Unexpanded)||N/A||81 cm|
|NCC ‘B’ or ‘C’ Certificates
Possession of NCC ‘B’ or ‘C’ Certificate will be a desirable qualification. Candidates with Certificates will be given consideration at the time of Personality Test/Interview only
UPSC CAPF 2020 Application Process
The UPSC CAPF Application Process will be held from 18th August to 7th September 2020 at upsconline.nic.in. Let’s have a look at the important details regarding application process:
Follow Us on Telegram For Latest Updates – Click Here
- UPSC Calendar 2021 Released @upsc.gov.in : Download PDF!
- UPSC Calendar 2020: Revised Exam Dates Released: Check now
- SSC Exam Schedule Released – Check Here
- Ongoing and Upcoming Recruitment Notification
- Bihar Police SI Recruitment 2020 – Apply Online for 2213 Vacancies Here!
- Bihar Police Forest Range Officer Recruitment 2020 – Apply Online
- SSB Constable Recruitment 2020: Apply Online for1522 Vacancies Here!
- Apply For IB Recruitment for 200+ Vacancies
- Delhi Police Recruitment 2020 – Apply Online
Join our Social Channels For updates:
Team Exams Cloud
Share & Support Us