UPSC CDS 2 2020 Notification: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the official notification of combined defence services (CDS) exam II, on its official website @upsc.gov.in. There are a total of 344 vacancies. Aspirants can apply online on or before August 26 till 6 pm. The Official UPSC CDS Recruitment Notification for CDS (2) 2020 has been released. Read further to know about UPSC CDS Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Salary, Exam Pattern, How to Apply & Direct Link to Apply and more for UPSC CDS Recruitment 2020.
UPSC CDS 2 2020 Notification – Important Dates
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Release Date of Official Notification||05th August 2020|
|Start Date of Online Application||05th August 2020|
|Last Date of Online Application||26th August 2020 (till 6:00 PM)|
|Admit Card Release Date||3 weeks before the exam|
|Exam||8th November 2020|
|Result||To be Announced|
UPSC CDS 2 2020 Notification Vacancy Details
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun: 100 posts
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala: 26 posts
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad: 32 posts
- Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras): 169 posts
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai: 17 posts
UPSC CDS 2 2020 Notification Eligibility Criteria
According to the Official UPSC CDS 2 Recruitment notification, given below is the eligibility criteria for the recruitment drive. The candidates need to be unmarried.
Age Limit (as on 01-07-2021)
- Indian Military Academy (IMA)– 19 to 24 years
- Air Force Academy (AFA)– 19 to 23 years
- Indian Naval Academy (INA)– 19 to 22 years
- Officers Training Academy (OTA)– 19 to 25 years
- Age relaxation is applicable as per rules
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy-Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/Institution.
- For Air Force Academy-Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
- Those who have yet to pass their degree examination will be eligible only if they are studying in the final year of degree examination.
- Those who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of commission in the Defence Services shall not be eligible for admission.
You must either be:
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 01st January 1962 with the intention of permanently setting in India, or
- a person of India origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India.
CDS Exam Pattern & Selection Process
Check the Exam Pattern & CDS Selection Process as given below –
- Written examination
- Interview for intelligence and Personality Test
(a) For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy —
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
(b) For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy —
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
- The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only and the question papers of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be bilingual in Hindi and English.
- There will be negative marking for every wrong answer marked by you.
UPSC Recruitment – Salary & Pay Scale
|Rank||Level||Pay (in Rs.)|
|Lieutenant||Level 10||56,100 – 1,77,500|
|Captain||Level 10 B||6,13,00 – 1,93,900|
|Major||Level 11||6,94,00 – 2,07,200|
|Lieutenant Colonel||Level 12A||1,21,200 – 2,12400|
|Colonel||Level 13||1,30,600 – 2, 15,900|
|Brigadier||Level 13A||1,39,600 – 2,17,600|
|Major General||Level 14||1,44,200 – 2,18,200|
|Lieutenant General HAG Scale||Level 15||1, 82, 200 – 2,24,100|
|HAG+Scale||Level 16||2,05,400 – 2,24,400|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/ Lieutenant General (NFSG)||Level 17||2,25,000/- (fixed)|
How to Apply UPSC CDS 2 2020 Notification
UPSC CDS Recruitment – Direct Link to Apply
- Click the Direct Link to Apply given above.
- Go to New Registration at the top of the page.
- Fill your Personal and Educational details and register yourself.
- Note down your Registration Number and Password.
- Go to Apply Now across the post you want to apply for.
- Enter your Registration Number & Password.
- Add correct CAPTCHA and click the submit button.
- Fill your Personal details carefully.
- Claim for Age Relaxation, if you are eligible.
- Select the Name of the Post you want to apply for.
- Upload your scanned Photograph, Signature and other prescribe Documents.
- Submit the Application Form and take its print out.
- Note down the Application Number for future reference.
- Alternatively, you can apply from the Official Website of UPSC.
- Go to Online Recruitment Application for various Recruitment Posts.
- Follow the above steps carefully.
The online Applications can be withdrawn from 05.08.2020 to 26.08.2020 till 6.00 PM.
UPSC CDS Application Fee
Application Fee – Rs. 200/- (except Female, SC/ST candidates)
This application fee can be paid either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
UPSC CDS 2 2020 Official Notification
Get all other details regarding the CDS Recruitment Notification by reading the Official Notification given below –
- Apply For IB Recruitment for 200+ Vacancies
- Delhi Police Recruitment 2020 Notification OUT : Apply Online
- India Post Office GDS Recruitment 2020: Apply online
- IBPS PO 2020 Notification PDF Out: Check Exam Dates
Join our Social Channels For updates:
Team Exams Cloud
Share & Support Us