GATE 2022 – GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a national-level engineering entrance exam. The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur has released the official notification pdf for GATE 2022. IIT Kharagpur will start the GATE 2022 Application from September 2 (revised) online @gate.iitkgp.ac.in. GATE 2022 application form last date without late fee is 24th September 2021 . GATE 2022 exam will take place on 5, 6, 12, and 13 February 2022. In this article, we have provided complete information related to GATE 2022 application, exam dates, eligibility, pattern, etc.
- 1 GATE 2022 Latest Updates
- 2 GATE 2022: Exam Date Overview
- 3 GATE 2022 Notifications – Application from 2nd Sep
- 4 GATE Eligibility Criteria
- 5 GATE Papers & Codes
- 6 GATE Exam Pattern 2022
- 7 GATE 2022 FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
GATE 2022 Latest Updates
- GATE 2022 brochure is released officially on 31st July 2021
- Professor Virendra Kumar Tewari, Director of IIT Kharagpur is the new chairperson for the GATE 2022 exam
GATE 2022: Exam Date Overview
|Name of Organization||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur|
|Exam name||Graduate Optimistic Test in Engineering [GATE]|
|Notification date||01 Aug 2021|
|Application started on||30 Aug 2021|
|End of the application process||24 Sept 2021|
|Last date to submit fees||01 Oct 2021|
|Exam date||05, 06, 12, 13 Feb 2021|
GATE 2022 Notifications – Application from 2nd Sep
GATE Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who possess the following criteria are eligible to appear in GATE. The GATE Eligibility criteria are relaxed.
1. Educational Qualification
- Applying candidate must have completed or currently studying in 3rd year or higher years of UG degree course in the field of Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Commerce/ Arts/ Science.
2. Pass Percentage
- To apply for GATE 2022, there are no minimum pass percentage criteria defined.
3. Age Limit
- There is no age limit defined to apply for the GATE exam.
GATE Papers & Codes
|Architecture & Planning||AR||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Agricultural Engineering||AG||Mining Engineering||MN|
|Bio medical Engineering||BM||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Petroleum Engineering||PE|
|Chemistry||CY||Production & Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||CS||Textile Engineering & Fibre Science||TF|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Engineering Sciences||XE|
|Ecology & Evolution||EY||Life Sciences||XL|
|Environmental Science & Engineering||ES||Humanities & Social Sciences||XH|
|Geology & Geophysics||GG||Geomatics Engineering||GE|
|Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering||NM|
Gate 2020 Application Fee:
|For Exam Centres in India||Application Fee (Regular Period)||During the Extended Period (Application fee + late fee)|
|Female candidates||Rs. 750||Rs. 1250|
|SC/ST/PwD category candidates||Rs. 750||Rs. 1250|
|All other candidates||Rs. 1500||Rs. 2000|
|For Foreign nationality/ NRIs|
|Exam Centres in India||Rs. 1500||Rs. 2000|
GATE Exam Pattern 2022
The GATE Exam Pattern 2022 is given below.
- The GATE Exam comprises both Multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- There is a negative marking for the multiple-choice questions while no marks will be deducted for the numerical answer type questions.
|Exam Duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Number of Subjects/Papers||29 (Increased from 27)|
|Sections||General Aptitude (GA) and Candidate’s Selected Subject i.e. core subject|
|Number of Questions||
|Distribution of Marks in all Papers
EXCEPT papers AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH,
XH and XL
|Number of sections||GATE 2022 question paper will comprise of the following three sections except for AR, CY, GG, EY, XL, PH and MA papers:
The marks division among the sections has also changed.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
Distribution of Marks in papers AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, XH, and XL is different: General Aptitudeis of 15 Marks and Subject Questions of 85 Marks making a total of 100 marks.
Note: 1/3 marks will be deducted for the wrong answers i.e (0.33) marks for 1 mark questions and (0.66) marks will be deducted for questions carrying 2 marks. No mark will be deducted for the wrong answer to NAT questions
How to Apply Online for GATE Exam 2022?
- Register through GOAPS
- Fill up the GATE application form
- Upload the required documents like photograph and signature
- Make the payment of GATE 2022 Application Fees
- Click on the Submit button
GATE 2022 FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: What is GATE full form?
Answer: GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
Question: Who is the organizing IIT for GATE 2022?
Question: What is GATE exam for?
Answer: The authorities conduct GATE 2022 exam for PG admissions into IITs, NITs, IIITs and other participating institutes. It serves as a screening test.
Question: What is GATE exam date 2022?
Answer: The authorities have announced the GATE 2022 exam date. The GATE 2022 will be held on February 5, 6, 12, and 13.
Question: For how many papers is GATE exam conducted?
Question: When can I apply for GATE 2022?
Answer: The authorities will release GATE application form 2022 on September 2 at the official website. Candidates will be given a specific period to apply for GATE 2022.