SSC CGL 2020: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released SSC CGL 2020-21 notification on its official website @ssc.nic.in. Eligible and interested candidates can apply for SSC CGL 2020 on or before 25 January 2021 on SSC official website i.e. ssc.nic.in. The last date for submitting SSC CGL Fee through online mode is 02 February 2021. The SSC CGL 2020-21 Tier 1 exam will be conducted from 29th May 2021 to 07th June 2021. Must read the below-given details to know more information about SSC CGL 2020 Examination and vacancies.
- 1 SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria
- 1.1 Educational Qualifications (As on 1st January 2021)
- 1.2 SSC Age Application Fee
- 1.3 SSC CGL Selection Procedure
- 1.4 SSC CGL Exam Pattern
- 1.5 SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam Pattern
- 1.6 SSC CGL Syllabus
- 1.7 SSC CGL Admit Card
- 2 SSC CGL 2020 Online Form
- 3 Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) – SSC CGL Exam 2020-21
SSC CGL 2020-21: Important Dates
|SSC CGL 2020-21 Notification Release Date||29th December 2020|
|SSC CGL 2020-21 Registration starts from||29th December 2020|
|SSC CGL 2020-21 Online Application Ends on||31st January 2021|
|SSC CGL 2020-21 Tier-I Exam Date||29th May to 07th June 2021|
|SSC CGL Tier-II Exam Date||To be notified later|
|SSC CGL Tier-III Exam Date||To be notified later|
|SSC CGL Tier-IV Exam Date||To be notified later|
SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualifications (As on 1st January 2021)
- (A) Assistant Audit Officer/AAO (Assistant Accounts Officer) – Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute.
- (B) Junior Statistical Officer – Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard. OR Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
- (C) Statistical Investigator Grade-II – Bachelor‟s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects from a recognized University or Institute. Note: Statistics should be a subject in all three years of the graduation course.
- (D) All other Posts – Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University.
Age Limit (As on 1st January 2021):
|Statistical Investigator Grade II||Max 30 yrs|
|Assistant in CSS||20 – 30 yrs|
|Assistant in IB||21 – 30 yrs|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer/SI in CBI/SI in NIA||30 yrs|
|SI in Central Bureau of Narcotics||18 – 27 yrs|
|All Other posts||Check the link provided below|
|Code No||Category||Age-relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit|
|01||SC/ ST||5 years|
|03||PwD (Unreserved)||10 years|
|04||PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|05||PwD (SC/ ST)||15 years|
|06||Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
|07||Jammu & Kashmir domiciled candidates between the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989||5 years|
|12||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||Up to 35 years of age|
|13||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST).||Up to 40 years of age|
SSC Age Application FeeThe SSC CGL application fees for various categories are given below:
|General / OBC||Rs. 100/-|
|SC / ST/ Women / Ex-Serviceman||NIL|
SSC CGL Selection Procedure
The SSC CGL Selection Process is based on four stages –
- Tier -I – Computer Based Examination
- Tier -II – Computer Based Examination
- Tier -III – Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
- Tier-IV – Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
SSC CGL Exam Pattern
Staff Selection Commission of India will be conducting SSC CGL 2020 Exam in four stages: Tier-1, Tier-2, Tier-3 & Tier-4 exams. While the Tier-I & Tier-II exam will be conducted online, Tier-III will be a pen and paper-based exam and Tier-IV will be a computer skill test. Let’s have a look at the exam pattern for all these stages of SC CGL 2020 Recruitment process one by one.
SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam Pattern
|Phase I||Subject||No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration||Negative Marks|
|Tier I||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 Minutes||0.50 Marks for Each Wrong Answer|
It is a computer-based online test of 200 marks in 60 minutes of time duration. There is a negative marking of 0.50 Marks for each wrong answer.
SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam Pattern
|Phase I||Subject||No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration||Negative Marks for Every Wrong Answer|
|Tier II||Paper-I: Quantitative Abilities||100||200||120 Minutes||0.5|
|Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension||100||200||0.25|
|Paper-III: Statistics (Only for Statistical Officer Post)||100||200||0.5|
|Paper-IV: General Studies (Finance and Economics) (Only for Asst Audit Officer &Asst Accounts Officer Posts)||100||200||0.5|
There is a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension) and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper-III and Paper-IV.
SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam Pattern
|Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (Writing of Essay, Precis, Letter, Application etc.)||100 marks||1 hour or 60 minutes|
Tier-3 of SSC CGL will be a descriptive test. The paper will be in English/Hindi and will constitute of 100 marks. The entire paper needs to be completed in 60 minutes.
SSC CGL Tier-4 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Tier-4 Exam is a Computer Skill Test. It will be conducted in two steps: DEST Test & CPT Test. DEST: Candidates are required to type 2000 words in 15 minutes on a computer in English. This test is conducted to check a candidate’s writing skills. CPT: This test is conducted to check a candidate’s proficiency in Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Generation of Slides.
SSC CGL Syllabus
|General Intelligence & Reasoning Topics||General Awareness||Quantitative Aptitude|
|Semantic Analogy||Current Affairs||Percentage|
|Symbolic/ Number Analogy||Experience in Scientific aspects||Ratio & Proportion|
|Figural Analogy||Environment Awareness||Square roots|
|Symbolic/ Number Classification||Culture||Interest|
|Figural Classification||Geography||Profit and Loss|
|Semantic Series||Economic Scene||Discount|
|Number Series||General Polity||Partnership Business|
|Figural Series||Scientific Research||Mixture and Allegation|
|Problem Solving||Time and distance|
|Word Building||Time & Work|
|Coding & de-coding||Basic algebraic identities|
|Numerical Operations||Graphs of Linear Equations|
|symbolic Operations||Triangle and its various kinds of centers|
|Trends||Congruence and similarity of triangles|
|Space Orientation||Circle and its chords|
|Venn Diagrams||angles subtended by chords of a circle|
|Drawing inferences||common tangents to two or more circles|
|Punched hole/ pattern||Triangle|
|Folding & unfolding||Quadrilaterals|
|Figural Pattern||Regular Polygons|
|folding and completion||Circle|
|Address matching||Right Circular Cone|
|Date & city matching||Right Circular Cylinder|
|Classification of centre codes/ roll numbers||Sphere|
|Small & Capital letters/ numbers coding||Hemispheres|
|decoding and classification||Rectangular Parallelepiped|
|Embedded Figures||Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base|
|Critical thinking||Trigonometric ratio|
|Emotional Intelligence||Degree and Radian Measures|
|Social Intelligence||Standard Identities|
|Heights and Distances|
|Bar diagram & Pie chart|
SSC CGL Admit Card
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will release Admit card for SSC CGL 2019 Exams before 10 days to each Tier Examination date
SSC CGL 2020 Online Form
The online application process for SSC CGL 2020-21 exam will begin from 29th December 2020 and will continue till 31th January 2021. All aspirants can register themself for CGL 2020 by clicking on the link given below:
Visit ssc.nic.in and log in with registered ID and Password to apply.
Click here to Download SSC CGL 2020 Notification PDF Download
SSC CGL Application Process
- To start with the SSC CGL Application Form Process, click the Direct Link above.First,
- begin to Register yourself carefully.
- Fill up the registration form.
- A new Registration Number & Password will be created.
- Save the Registration Id Password for further reference.
- Fill up the form carefully.
- Verify the form & Submit
- Print out of the Application Form for future reference.
- Alternatively, you can go to the Official Website
- Follow Steps 2 to 4.
SSC CGL Previous Year Papers with Answer Key – Download here in PDF now!
- SSC CGL Question Paper 2019 PDF In Hindi & English Download
- SSC CGL QUESTION PAPERS 2018 – Download PDF
- SSC CGL Tier 2 Question Papers 2017 – Download PDF Here!
- SSC CGL Tier 2 Question Papers 2018 – Download PDF Here!
- SSC CGL Tier 2 Question Papers 2019 -Download SSC CGL Papers PDF Here!
Also, Check – Latest Current Affairs 2021 For Competitive Exams PDF
Join our Telegram Channel for more information related to the recruitment news and latest Sarkari Naukri updates
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) – SSC CGL Exam 2020-21